Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Model Position by Kitsy Clare Spotlight with Excerpt



Book title: Model Position
Author: Kitsy Clare
Genre: new adult contemporary romance novella
Release date: February 20, 2014
Publisher: Inkspell

Blurb:
In Manhattan’s glitzy gallery scene love and art are perilous games.
Will Sienna dare to play?

All too soon, artist Sienna Karr will graduate art school and be flung out into Manhattan’s glamorous but cutthroat gallery scene. Luckily, she’s just met Dave Hightower, heir to the hippest gallery ever. He’s asked her on a date, and offered to introduce her to the gallery owner, his intimidating aunt Lydia. Sienna’s excited! Now she’ll be able to climb the ranks and make those all-important art connections.

Trouble is, she’s falling hard for the sexy live drawing model, Erik, whose sizzling green eyes seem to pierce right into her soul. Dare she risk losing those potential art contacts for love? Erik insists that Sienna is a real talent and her painting stands out above all the others. But she worries that he whispers this come-on line to every pretty art student who flocks around him during breaks. And her friends worry, is Erik up to her pay grade? What kind of guy chooses modeling for a living? Who is he, really? Her choice may be her ruin—or not—but she must decide fast. Everything in Sienna’s super-organized life is turning to terrifying yet sweet chaos.

Buy Links –
  
Book Links –
Goodreads –

Blurbs in praise of the book: 
"Kitsy Clare paints a provocative picture with words - a sexy montage of art, beauty, lust and love as colorful as any artist’s canvas."  -Share my Destiny, romance book blogger

"A captivating and sensual work of art!" -Jaycee DeLorenzo, author of The Truths About Dating and Mating

“Model Position is sexy, suspenseful and oh, so hard to put down. Kitsy Clare mixes a skillful, fast-moving story as Sienna, a talented but uptight art student takes on the trendy New York art scene.  She’s caught between the pull of ambition and the possibility of steamy, but true-blue love in the form of Erik, a delicious male model with no connections.  Or is he true?  And is Erik really all he seems to be?”
-Helen Mallon, author of Indecent Exposure & other short stories;
Book Reviewer, Philadelphia Inquirer
  
Excerpt:
Looking at art together has made me feel comfortable. Plus, Erik’s gazing at me with those expressive eyes, so I take a chance and tell him about the history behind my preferences. “I know my love for order comes from my crazy childhood, my mom being really messy and disorganized and going through three divorces, us moving around. But I can’t help that it’s become a part of me. I like to line up my paints and my shoes. I enjoy counting out how many cups are on my shelf. I like ordered computer art because it’s cleaner than dusty charcoal drawings. Does that make sense, or am I horribly neurotic?”
Erik lays a warm, wide hand on my knee. Fire spreads out from his hand and up my thigh. “You’re just fine, however you are, Sienna. You’re entitled to like computer art, or to line up your paints, or whatever else you want.”
“Thanks.” He has no idea how much that melts my heart. Score three for Erik, not that my over-organized mind should keep count. “So, how about you? What makes you tick?”
“Oh, I’ve been through my own version of hard times,” he admits, his handsome face growing pensive. When he lifts his hand from my thigh, I already miss it. “My family didn’t have the money to send me to college—my sister or me. My dad worked construction. I worked with him for a while when what I longed to do was go to art school and paint all day.” Construction. So Dave was right.
“How long did you work construction?”
“Until last year, when I decided to make a go of modeling.” He lowers his head to study his tea.
We’re silent for a while. The silence fills me with anxiety instead of peace. Can I afford to get close to a guy who’s struggling as much as I am in the money department? It would be so much easier to be with a guy who already has cash and connections. I mean, I wouldn’t expect or even want a guy to support me, but to have his own funds so we wouldn’t be living on the edge and could both pool rent. There’s no way I could float someone else in this pricy city. I hate myself for thinking this way, but I need to be realistic. I can’t go back and live with my mother! Her mess and the chaos would drive me bananas.
I gaze at Erik with a melancholy smile. Even if we can’t be a match, his um, hard labor certainly did his physique justice. His shoulders are wide and burnished; his abs are tight and touchable under that snug green sweater. And despite the fact that he never went to college, he can certainly paint! His photos prove he’s way better than anyone else in my class, and he’s even better than me with representational figures. I’m a roiling mess of confusion.

Author Bio: 


When Kitsy Clare isn’t creating romances on her Mac Air, she teaches writing workshops. She also loves to draw, travel, read spicy romance, sci-fi and all kinds of thrillers. She divides her time between New York City and her Catskills studio, where she enjoys the sounds of birds, bullfrogs and the random coyote. 

She also writes young adult fiction as Catherine Stine. Her YA futuristic thriller, Fireseed One won finalist spots in both YA and Science Fiction in the 2013 USA Book News International Book Awards, and was an Indie Reader Approved notable book. Her YA Refugees, earned a New York Public Library Best Book. Ruby’s Fire, the new companion novel to Fireseed One, is receiving high praise from reviewers. She’s a member of RWA, SCBWI and SFWA. She loves her readers and enjoys hearing from them.

Author/Book Links:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment