Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dark Seraphine by Kasonndra Leigh Spotlight with Excerpt & Character Interview


Title: Dark Seraphine
Author: KaSonndra Leigh
Genre: Young Adult Dark Fantasy

Blitz Host: Lady Amber's Tours

Synopsis:

"Mom always says the angels walk among us. She forgot to tell me that sometimes they're not all fluffy and nice."

Seventeen-year-old Caleb Wood has seen people he calls the walkers since he was a baby. It didn't take long for him to realize something…no one can see these strangers but him. They never stuck around or tried to touch him. And they never said a word. That was until one day on the first day of class in his senior year when an incredibly gorgeous girl strolls into his life…and things are never the same again.

Soon Caleb realizes he has stepped into the middle of a growing conflict between two ancient groups. And his ability to see the invisible ones, the half-breeds that want to modify the human race, just might be the only hope both he and the mysterious, but infuriating, Gia, have of making it out alive.


Purchase Dark Seraphine at:



Caleb Meets Paige

At the end of the driveway, I stop and lean against a tree. “So handsomely beautiful, he is. Yet, so naive. I can see why she risked everything for you,” a girl’s voice says from beside me, filling my head with echoes of her last words. I jerk toward the sound. The redhead from Gia’s group, the one they called Paige steps toward me. A strange girl, who hangs out with a gang of Walkers posing as humans, showing up at my house cannot be a good thing.
“What’s up, Paige?” I ask nervously. Something about the way she stalks toward me without saying another word bothers me. With her fiery red hair flapping in the wind, she keeps her gaze locked on my face and holds her hands out to the sides. The streetlights play on her pale skin, giving it a weird glow, telling me there’s nothing normal about her.
I walk backward until my backside hits the tree behind me. Next thing I know, my body’s pinned against it, an invisible force holding me down. I can’t move an inch, and my injured arm throbs like crazy under the pressure. I clamp down on my bottom lip as whatever she’s doing continues crushing me.
“What the—what are you doing to me?”
I want to slam my hands over my ears. There’s this ringing in my eardrums that hurts like crazy. Not only does it echo in my mind, but the throb also makes me feel like someone is shaking my head, turning my brain into mush.
“I want you to remember tonight, Caleb. When you fall asleep, the things you forgot will begin to come back to you,” Paige says in what sounds like a chorus of demonic tones from Hell. Seriously, I feel like someone has thrown me into one of those stupid Saw movies that Kyle and Shani like to watch all the time.
“Can I get a little hint on what I’m supposed to remember?” I gasp out through the pain.
She gives me a wicked smile. “I need to know a tiny thing—an insignificant little nuisance, really. I need to know the name of the one who watches over you.”
I make a light laugh, even though not a thing is funny. She’s talking about Gia’s real name. I’m pretty sure of it. “That’s easy. Her name is Gia.”
“That’s a fake human label, and you know it,” she hisses.
The pull on my injured arm deepens to a dizzying level of pain. I clamp down on my bottom lip, tasting a bit of blood from a wound that doesn’t come close to matching the torture level of heat coming from my arm. I think I liked it better when the Walkers were quiet, little spirits, drifting through my room, minding their own business and then leaving me out of their issues. Now, here I stand with my body pinned against a tree, getting tortured by weird bell noises.
Note to self: Gia’s got some real explaining to do tomorrow.
“Caleb!” Mom calls. Her voice has never sounded so sweet. And this comes from a guy who’ll never in his life admit to that—well, not out loud, anyway.
Paige scowls and hisses just before she jerks her face back toward me.
“I’ll return soon, handsome one. Get the name.” She moves real close to my body. My stomach rolls with nausea and my voice catches in my throat. This chick is bad news all the way.
“Don’t feel sad. If she doesn’t want you, then I’m waiting patiently in the wings.” On that note, she kisses my cheek with her lips that feel like ice cubes. A strange odor surrounds us, reminding me of salt water and some other strange smell.



Meet Paige from Dark Seraphine by KaSonndra Leigh

What’s your favorite color?
Black. What other color exists? Well, maybe red should be given some credit too.

What type of vehicle do you drive?
I don’t drive. I use another method of traveling. Next question please.

Describe yourself to me.
**sighs deeply and looks bored**  Gothic, impatient, smart, crafty, the list could go on forever. And I don’t wanna bore everybody to death.

How would your mate describe you?
The last mate that I had cheated on me. So he’s floating around somewhere at the bottom of the sea. **gives me a chilly, evil grin** Moving on time!!

What really moves you, or touches you to the soul?
Hm. What a tricky question. Depending on who you ask, they might say that I don’t have one.

What's the one thing you have always wanted to do but couldn't? What would happen if you did do it?
To fall in love. And when I did let that happen, it was disappointing. See the question above for what happened to the guilty mate. **beams sweetly at me, as I shudder**

Describe your ideal mate.
Is there really such a thing? He’d be flexible and loyal. Or else he’ll be joining the other dude floating around in the ocean.

What are you most afraid of?
Nothing. And everything.

What's the most important thing in your life?
My sister.

What do you consider your special talent?
Being able to fake patience when I don’t really have much.

How did you meet the hero/heroine?
Who do you mean? That Caleb Wood guy? Gah! He’s no hero. He’s just another love sick idiot. Maybe I’ll put him at the bottom of the sea too. But then, he has a pretty strong protector. I’ll think of something. **rubs her chin**

Was it love at first sight or did it develop slowly?
It’s always either love or lust at first site. You’re kidding yourself if you think it happens over time.

If you were granted three wishes, what would you ask for?
Power, more power, and all the power. Enough said. **grins and runs her finger along the sheath containing her sword. Yikes!**

Thanks so much for stopping by today Paige. You seem like a really, eh-em, unique person.

Paige: And thanks to you for having me on your blog today. I’ll come back and chat anytime you like. You can check out some pictures of the things I enjoy here:

Author Bio:

I live in the City of Alchemy and Medicine, North Carolina. I write about people doing fantastical things in magical worlds. Sometimes they fall for each other and make sacrifices for their friends. Oh, and sometimes they love music and nature too. I live with my two sons,a guinea pig, a cat, and two dogs. Now that I have completed my MFA in creative writing, I find that I have a little extra time to play CLUE more often. I live in an L-shaped house dedicated to my grandmother. It has a secret library complete with fairies, venetian plastered walls, and a desk made out of clear blue glass.

Links:
Author website: www.kasonndraleigh.com
Prelude's Pinterest Board: http://pinterest.com/alestasia/the-prelude/

No comments:

Post a Comment